Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Rhinoceros

 
 
"Rhinoceros, often abbreviated as rhino, is a group of five extant species of odd-toed ungulates in the family Rhinocerotidae" - Wikipedia.
(I enjoy the phrase "odd-toed ungulates", I need to figure out a way to incorporate this in daily conversation)

On my last trip to Africa I completely fell in love with the rhinos. We got to see several rhinos in several national parks, and we even got to approach a group of rhino on foot, and sit with them for a while. They are huge, amazing animals on the brink of extinction and it was wonderful to be able to sit quietly with them.

I want to practice my sketching and get more confident, especially being able to sketch animals and landscapes from my travels, so today I sketched this rhino. And I am rather enjoying this odd-toed ungulate.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness I like your odd-toed ungulate. I do wonder what other animals are in this unique group. I would love to sit quietly with rhinos. How very fortunate you are!

    ReplyDelete